No, you haven’t lost an entire week, I promise. I’m merely posting this month’s reading list a week early, as we’re off on a week’s holiday tomorrow. Heading down to stay with my fabulous in-laws, where I know I’ll be spoiled rotten. And have to show a modicum of self-restraint so I don’t undo all the good work at the gym — my mum-in-law is a gourmet cook and she’s heavy handed with the pre-dinner snacks and after-dinner treats. What can I say? *VBG*
And boy, do I reckon I deserve some TLC. I’ve been putting in loooong hours at the keyboard, trying to get this manuscript I’m revising to a place where I’m happy to leave it simmer for a week. And, ya-freaking-hoo, it’s done. Well, if you don’t count the couple of scenes with placemarkder in bold type saying, “insert really hot sex scene here”. You can kinda tell I wasn’t in the mood, huh? ;-)
I will take my laptop, just in case I feel like writing in those scenes while we’re on holiday. Somehow, I can’t see it though, LOL.
Oh, did I mention we’re going to Wellington, to see the World Of Wearable Arts show? And we’re gonna stop in at Weta Workshop, too. Two awesome reasons to ‘get yourself to Wellington’ as that ad used to say.
Anyway, I have to go pack, so here’s this month’s reading list. Still having a Laurell K. Hamilton-fest, but now I’ve re-read all the books I own in the series, it’s time to sink my teeth into the new one I bought a while back: Skin Trade. Yay! A new Anita Blake adventure. And talk about great timing, as I’ll be able to take it away on holiday *rubs hands in glee*
BTW, it’s DH’s birthday tomorrow and we’ve got a 6 hour car trip and he’s driving. How sucky is that??? So you can bet we’ll be stopping off at his favorite cafes along the way, so we can treat him. And, this is very hush hush, but I have it from a very reliable source that there’ll be a really fabulous birthday cake waiting for him when we arrive. Yes, my mum-in-law is The Best.
So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR SEPTEMBER 25th, DH!
- Cerulean Sins by Laurell K. Hamilton
- An Ideal Father by Elaine Grant
- Second-Chance Family by Karina Bliss
- A Mother For His Twins by Lucy Clark
- The Surgeon’s Special Delivery by Fiona Lowe
- Amorous Liaisons by Sarah Mayberry
- Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamiliton
- Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater
- Vampire Knight 10 by Matsuri Hino
- griEVE by Lizzie Wilcock
- The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller
- The Duke’s New Year’s Resolution by Merline Lovelace
- Seduce Me At Sunrise by Lisa Kleypas
- Micah by Laurell K. Hamilton
- Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton
- A Bride And Child Worth Waiting For by Marion Lennox
- Her Vampire Husband by Michele Hauf
- English Doctor, Italian Bride by Carol Marinelli
- The Harlequin by Laurell K. Hamilton
- How To Enjoy A Scandal by Adrienne Basso
- Almost To Die For by Tate Hallaway
- Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber
- Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton