Lots of YA books devoured this month. We had two weeks of school holidays and my daughter had ordered books by the ton from the library – which is great, because then I have an excuse to read them, too! It’s also great because given that she reads as quickly as I do (very quickly!!!), I can no longer afford to keep her supplied with shop-purchased reading material. Heck, I can’t even afford to keep myself supplied with shop-purchased books! I try to limit my purchases to series that we’re already collecting, so that I don’t wince every time the monthly credit card bills arrive. It’s a losing battle, LOL.
Santa? You listening? I have three words for you: book vouchers please!
Anyway, what I’ve been noticing when I scour my bookshelves for something to read, is that I’m reading books by authors that I have personally met…. Which is just way the hell cool! Even cooler if they’ve signed the book for me — I’m getting quite a collection of signed keepers in my bookshelf *VBG*
So this month I thought that I’d feature a book from another fab author whom I’ve personally met, Tracey o’Hara and her debut novel, Night’s Cold Kiss.
Awesome cover, huh? And believe me, the contents more than live up to the promise of that cover!
Night’s Cold Kiss…
For centuries war raged between the humans and Aeternus vampires—until courageous efforts on both sides forged a fragile peace.
But the rogue Necrodreniacs will never be controlled—addicted as they are to the death-high . . . and bloody chaos.
Since witnessing the murder of her mother, Antoinette Petrescu has burned with fiery hatred for the vampire race—even for Christian Laroque, the noble, dangerously handsome Aeternus who rescued her. Now an elite Venator, Antoinette must reluctantly accept Christian’s help to achieve her vengeance—even as he plots to use the beautiful, unsuspecting warrior as bait to draw out the bloodthirsty dreniacs.
And here’s my reading list for October:
- Stargazer by Claudia Grey
- The Perfect Girlfriend by Colleen Collins
- The Doctor Next Door by Catherine Berlin
- The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn
- High Voltage by Calista Fox
- Stray by Rachel Vincent
- Night’s Cold Kiss by Tracey o’Hara
- Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
- Vampire Knight 4 by Matsuri Hino
- Vampire Knight 5 by Matsuri Hino
- Fruits Basket 1 by Matsuki Takaya
- Trouble in High Heels by Christina Dodd
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- The Wereling: Wounded by Stephen Cole
- Vampire Knight 6 by Matsuri Hino
- Who’s Lie Is It Anyway? by Abby Gaines
- The Wereling: Prey by Stephen Cole
- Fruits Basket 2 by Matsuki Takaya
- Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Philips
- The Wereling: Resurrection by Stephen Cole
- Midnight Cravings, A Collection Of Six Sexy Bites by Michele Hauf, Karen Whiddon, Lori Devoti, Anna Leonard, Vivi Anna, Bonnie Vanak
- A Temporary Arrangement by Roxanne Rustand
- Lord Of Misrule by Rachel Caine
- Cherub Mission 1: The Recruit by Robert Muchamore
- Jatta by Jenny Hale
- City of Glass by Cassandra Clare