Well, the March reading list is looking pretty healthy compared with recent months, mainly because I scored a stack of shorter category romances at March’s RWNZ chapter meeting, and because I’ve been stuck in bed with the flu for the best part of ten days. Nothing like being confined to bed to get you back into reading with a vengeance.
And talking about reading, while in the throes of this killer flu, I found myself with a real dilemma on my hands. Once those category romances were done and dusted, I had no new reading material that wasn’t in eBook form…which wouldn’t have been a problem if I owned an eBook reader. But I don’t. And I was faced with either powering up my dungy old laptop and trying to read in bed, or huddling miserably in the office and reading eBooks on my PC. Neither was an option the way I was feeling, so it was print books or no books.
Huh. No choice, really: print books it was–even if they had been read before.
But it was freaking annoying to have all this spare time and not be able to read any of the dozen or so new books I’d stored on the computer, merely because they were in eBook format and not print. Talk about add to the torture of being unwell! And I must admit that even when I am all systems go, since I spend a huge portion of my day sitting at the computer writing, it’s not exactly ‘relaxing’ to sit in front of the computer to read for leisure. I prefer to leave the office behind and lounge in some other room to read, and honestly, it’s easier to grab a print book than the laptop and waste 10 minutes waiting for the darn thing to power up.
So what this little episode of new-book-less-ness has taught me, is an eBook reader is no longer a ‘want’, it’s a ‘NEED’. Hell, as a writer and a soon-to-be ePubbed author, it’s a freaking necessity! So for my sanity’s sake, I’m gonna have to get one. Soon.
Now if only this writing lark would earn me enough money to go out and buy one, so I don’t have to wait for a visit from Santa!
- Size 12 Is Not Fat by Meg Cabot
- Baby On The Billionaire’s Doorstep by Emily McKay
- Burning Up by Sarah Mayberry
- Dream Job, Hot Boss! by Robyn Grady
- To Marry McKenzie by Carole Mortimer
- The Cozakis Bride by Lynne Graham
- The Sicilian’s Mistress by Lynne Graham
- Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
- The Boss’s Secret Mistress by Alison Fraser
- Wife For A Day by Kate Walker
- Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan
- New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
- Bound By Contract by Carole Mortimer
- Don Joaquin’s Pride by Lynne Graham
- Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer
- The Playboy Doctor’s Proposal by Alison Roberts
- Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
- Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur
- Kissing Sin by Keri Arthur
- The Secret Diaries Of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn
- White Tigress by Jade Lee
- One For The Money by Janet Evanovich
- Two For The Dough by Janet Evanovich
- Three To Get Deadly by Janet Evanovich
- Blood And Chocolate by Annete Curtis Klause
- Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly
- His Bought Mistress by Emma Darcy
- The Gap Into Conflict by Stephen Donaldson