I’ll make this brief because the family need feeding!
I don’t read much romantic suspense. It’s just not really a genre that I enjoy reading. But that didn’t stop me stopping by a blog to comment on a post by the lovely and talented Helene Young. I’ve met Helene, and I can assure you that she’s every bit as lovely as she looks in her publicity shots. She’s also a pilot — how cool is that?
And how do I know she’s talented? Because I was lucky enought to win her debut novel, Border Watch. And I have to say, I devoured it — loved it to bits and beyond!
Here’s what the cover says:
“Intrigue, danger and romance in the tropical far north…. A compelling new voice in Australian fiction.”
Right on! And it’s a pretty gorgeous cover, too, right?
So I have no hesitation in recommending this book to anyone and everyone who loves romantic fiction. Because, as the back cover blurb starts off, “The stakes are high, but passions and deceptions run deep.” And Helene’s characters, especially Morgan and Rafe, just hooked me in and wouldn’t let me go until their story was complete. I know you’ll love them, and Helene’s wonderful style and voice, just as much as I did. (Now I’m gonna stalk her until she signs it for me–don’t worry, she has been warned, LOL.)
(For more info about Border Watch, check out Helene’s website.)
And without further ado, here’s my reading list for March 2010:
- The Eternal Kiss: Vampire Tales of Blood and Desire by Cassandra Claire, Holly Black, Kelley Armstrong and more
- Back In Fortune’s Bed by Bronwyn Jameson
- The Blackmailed Bride’s Secret Child by Rachel Bailey
- His Princess In The Making by Melissa James
- Cabin Fever by Mary Leo
- Island Heat by Sarah Mayberry
- Tallow by Karen Brooks
- Blue Moon by Alyson Noel
- The Midwife’s Baby by Fiona MacArthur
- Dr Romano’s Christmas Baby by Amy Andrews
- Fairyville by Emma Holly
- The C.O.O. Must Marry by Maxine Sullivan
- Burning Up by Sarah Mayberry
- An Indecent Proposition by Emma Wildes
- Naked Dragon by Annette Blair
- A Great And Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
- Hulk Hogan: My Life Outside The Ring
- Dancing in the Moonlight by RaeAnne Thayne
- A Country Miss In Hanover Square by Anne Herries
- The Australian’s Society Bride by Margaret Way
- Nightlight, A Parody, The Havard Lampoon
- Border Watch by Helene Young
- Demon Angel by Meljean Brook
- Halfway To The Grave by Jeaniene Frost