My Red Sage editor once begged me to write a ménage. But to be quite honest, when it comes to writing sex scenes, I’m plenty busy keeping track of 4 arms, 4 legs, and various other, ah, bits and pieces, without adding a whole ‘nother person to the mix. So I compromised, and wrote her an alien hero bred to be a sex slave… and gave the hero an extra set of man-parts. Yes, I am a big chicken. Bwark!
As much as I loved writing From The Ashes, I was rather glad–purely from a logistics perspective–not to have another whole man attached to those manly bits! So when I spotted Love Me Twice by fellow Red Sage author, Roz Lee, I figured I’d buy it and see how an expert copes with writing a ménage.
Here’s the blurb:
Sean Callahan came aboard the Lothario to do his brother Ryan a favor, and ended up the man in charge when both Ryan and Richard left the ship with the women they love. The last thing he needs is a complication, and Celeste is definitely a complication. Once upon a time Celeste had been part of his team as well as his lover, but after a disaster of a mission, and the realization that the other member of his team, Drew was in love with her too, she’d disappeared. Now she’s back, and it’s high time for her to choose.
Some women have all the luck. Celeste just isn’t one of them. All the luck she seems to have is the bad kind. How else can you explain ending up on a ship with the two men she’s tried to forget for the last five years? Even worse, not a thing has changed. She still loves them both. Leaving them behind only postponed the decision she knows she has to make, and they aren’t helping any. In fact, they’re both doing everything they can to convince her to choose them. But, Celeste isn’t choosing anyone until she understands how their ménage a trois turned into a ménage gone wrong.
I loved this book! Here’s the review of it I left on Amazon:
“Love Me Twice — Mmmm. Sounded intriguing. And the cover is pretty darned compelling, too. A cruise liner. One woman and two hot men who’ll stop at nothing to make her theirs… Yum! And I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise, so how could I resist?
And I’m really glad I didn’t resist buying this book because Ms Lee’s story was a scorching hot, incredibly emotional erotic romance. For me, the best thing about this story was that Celeste’s love-interests, Drew and Sean, were such totally different men. Celeste truly does love them both, and doesn’t want to hurt either of them. And when the men force her to make a choice between them, it’s a heart-wrenching decision. The journey that leads to that ultimate choice, and the insight Ms Lee gave me into the minds of both Drew and Sean kept me captivated throughout.
Celeste, too, was a strong, compelling character. I loved how she held her own with two alpha males and even though they thought they called the shots, ultimately it was she who held the power.
Fabulous stuff! Highly recommended.
(And it’s worth noting that although Love Me Twice is the third book in the “Lothario” series, I haven’t read the first two — yet! — and I didn’t find this to be a problem at all.)”
And here’s the rest of my October reading list:
- My Fierce Highlander by Vonda Sinclair
- Laying Down The Law by Ann Voss Peterson
- The Hunger Games 3: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
- Spider’s Bite by Jennifer Estep
- Angel by James Patterson
- Hawksong by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Snakecharm by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Falcondance by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Love Me Twice by Roz Lee
- In Deep Voodoo by Stephanie Bond
- Jinxed by Beth Ciotta
- Help Wanted: Daddy by Carolyn Greene
- The Naked Gentleman by Sally McKenzie
- Charmed by Beth Ciotta
- The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn
- Ain’t She Sweet by Susan Elizabeth Philips
- Wolfcry by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Wyvernhail by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Absolute Boyfriend 1 & 2 by Yuu Watase
- Seduced by Beth Ciotta
- Lost and Found by Stephanie Laurens**
- The Matchmaker’s Bargain by Elizabeth Boyle**
- The Third Suitor by Christina Dodd**
- Fury by Elizabeth Miles
- Blue Galaxy by Diane Dooley
- Soulless by Christopher Golden
- Bitten & Smitten by Michelle Rowen
- Flirting With Danger by Suzanne Enoch
- A Touch of Minx by Suzanne Enoch
**Hero, Come Back anthology
Until next month….