Double Chocolate and Hazelnut Brownie Cake
But back to the Recipe of the Week. Every week I’ll feature a new favorite recipe and (where possible) a photo of the dish once I’ve made it. And if you’re a passionate cook, and you’d like to be featured here, please feel free to send me your recipe. (If you have a photo you or someone else has taken of your dish, send it along, too!) Recipes and photos can be sent to: maree // AT // mareeanderson // DOT // com.
This week’s recipe and photo have been sent to me by my lovely Aussie friend, author Jennie Brumley – thank you for being my guinea-pig, Jennie!
Jennie Brumley’s Double Chocolate and Hazelnut Brownie cake
100g roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
200g dark chocolate, chopped
1 ¾ cups brown sugar
4 eggs at room temp
1 cup of plain flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
100g white chocolate, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Line a 24cm spring-form cake tin with baking paper
- Put the dark chocolate and butter in a saucepan and melt over a medium heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the sugar and eggs in a large bowl then whisk together until well blended.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder and whisk together briefly.
- Add the chocolate butter mixture, white chocolate and nuts.
- Using a spoon, mix well then pour into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until just set. Cool in the tin, then release the springform and peel off the paper.
- Cut into wedges and serve with ice-cream or whipped cream
OMG this sounds divinely decadent!
And DH’s birthday is coming up soon so this recipe is gonna be perfect for his birthday cake *VBG*