Bit of a short reading list this month because I’ve been busy writing…pretty good excuse, huh?
And, just in case you hadn’t noticed, the list is quite heavy on the young adult genre. That’s because we had school holidays over April, and my daughter–voracious reader that she is!–starts ordering up large at the library. Just like her mom, she loves the paranormal genre. So, inevitably, I take one look at her requested books pile and tag a few choice reads for myself. Then we argue, I mean, negotiate, over who gets to read what first. And when it comes to Artemis Fowl, my son gets in on the act, too, so there’s a three-way lot of bickering.
Fun and games in our household!
Especially when Daughter picked up Need by Carrie Jones, and started reading it when I was already halfway. Sneaky thing came upstairs and pinched it while I was at dance class, and I caught her about to take it to school. Needless to say, I would have been panicking all day, thinking I’d lost the darn library book somewhere, so she got the hard word.
“But Mom, it’s my library book!”
“Tough. Paws off. I’ll be finished it by the time you get home from school. Besides, you got to read My Soul To Save first.”
Poor thing. It’s tough being a minor, LOL. Lucky for her, mom’s a quick reader, huh?
Anyway, here’s my list for April.
- The Rebel King by Melissa James
- His Mistress By Morning by Elizabeth Boyle
- Fallen by Lauren Kate
- Wedding Belles by Zoe Barnes
- The Mammoth Book of Special Ops Romance
- Haunted by Kelley Armstrong
- Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer
- Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception by Eoin Colfer
- Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich
- Artemis Foul and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer
- My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent
- Into the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Demon in My View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
- Fruits Basket 9, 10, & 11 by Natusuki Takaya
- Speed Dating by Nancy Warren
- Need by Carrie Jones